About the roles:
We are looking for a Disability Support Workers Permanent Part-time opportunities ( NOT CASUAL) in our Group home in Hampton East. We have roles in Hampton East.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide quality direct support to service users in line with their support needs, the program they are accessing, and all support plans including the service users Individual Plan
- Increase the service users’ skills through independence, personal growth and development through the provision of active support and their enhanced participation as a valued member of their community
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities for service users
- Assist in the delivery of programs that facilitate service users’ development of social networks and inclusion in community activities
- Actively provide residents with night time routine and support as required.
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
The house profile: Working to facilitate the delivery of high quality services and achieve positive outcomes for residents. Our residents have a wide range of health and behavioural concerns. Some are ambient, whereas some require higher level support. The residents support needs vary in terms of levels of independence, including engagement in community participation. The team are experienced staff and are ready and willing to provide positive mentoring support.
Skills & Experience
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan
In order to be compliant successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and an International Criminal History Record Check; if you have resided for 12 months or more outside of Australia in the last 10 years.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process
- Pay rate starting from $26.55 per hour + penalty rates.
- Non-profit salary packaging benefits with Maxxia and other employee discounts
- On-going training opportunities in a supportive and collaborative team environment
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Roster splits will depend on the role you are being considered for - Rosters are structured and you will be required to work to them accordingly. They will be sent to you once you are selected for interview.
Roster 1: 54:30/66:30 – including 2 Sleep over shifts per monthly roster
Roster 2: 48:30 /50:00 – including 2 Sleep over shifts per monthly roster
Roster 3: 41:30/44:30 - including 2 Sleep over shifts per monthly roster
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquires, including a request to view the specific roster lines available (not applications) please contact email@example.com .
Application close Midnight Wednesday 29th March
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)