Aged Care Support Worker. Casual - South Brisbane
Job no: 500577
Employment type: Casual
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
As a casual Support Worker, you will actively support our elderly clients who access our Community Care Services in South Brisbane. You will assist them with domestic assistance, personal care, social supports and respite. You will be required to travel across the suburbs of Logan, Gold Coast, Sunnybank and Shailer Park. Often you will support multiple clients per day between the hours of 7am - 5pm Monday - Friday.
- Housekeeping duties
- Washing clothing including hanging out to dry, folding and ironing of clothes
- Changing of bed linen as required
- Assisting with showering, bathing, medications, eating, toileting, grooming and any personal care needs as identified in their Care Plan
- Assist the client with community access as identified on the clients care plan
- Manual handling in line with LWB Policies and Procedures as required
Skills & Experience
- A current unrestricted drivers licence and a reliable vehicle with minimum 3rd party insurance
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Ageing, Disability or similar
- A current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Strong communication skills
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Hourly rate from $38.07 + super
- Up to $15,900 tax free and salary packaging options through Maxxia
- National career development opportunities
- Work with one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 11th December 2022
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend