Community Support Worker, Alcohol and Other Drugs
Job no: 496955
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Whyalla & Eyre Peninsula
Categories: Disability, Child, Youth & Family, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We partner with people (including those with a disability, in out of home care, experiencing homelessness, drug and alcohol misuse, who may suffer mental illness, are refugees and older persons) to change lives for the better.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated and pro-active Community Support Worker to provide support to people referred to the innovative Assertive Outreach Drug and Alcohol Program, Next Steps.
This is a full-time contract until 30 June 2022 based in Port Augusta.
You will provide one to one psycho-social support services which focus on client - determination, empowerment, hope and belief that recovery from an addiction is possible.
- Support clients to develop their own support plans in partnership with Life Without Barriers, Community Mental Health services and carers.
- Liaise and collaborate with clients, their community and community support agencies such as mental health, housing, and other services to ensure an integrated and timely service.
- Monitor and review clients’ progress through the service and against the case plan and provide up to date progress reports to the partner organisations.
- Seek to understand consumer's expectations.
- Sensitively ascertain information about the consumer's health, family and cultural background.
- Coordinate the delivery of services to clients and work with the client to utilise other referral agencies and services.
- Observe and accurately record the client's behaviour, needs and interactions with others and keep case plans and files up to date.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health or Alcohol and Other Drugs.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current Driver Licence.
- Experience in working in an outreach setting.
- Previous experience in working with people with alcohol and other drugs addiction.
- Demonstrated ability to positively engage, interact and work with people who have complex needs.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Recovery Framework and the underlying principles.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from Diverse Cultural Backgrounds with specific reference to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Competitive base rate + 10% super
- Excellent salary sacrificing tax benefits incl. Meal Entertainment, novated leasing
- A mobile phone and laptop
- Discounted - health insurance, vehicle purchase, hire and servicing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Divers and Inclusive organisation
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter combined in one document, click 'Apply' and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com with in the subject heading 'CSW – Pt Augusta’
Applications close at midnight on 24th October 2021
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend