Disability Support Workers - Part time - St. Kilda
Job no: 501404
Employment type: Part Time
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the roles:
We are looking for 3 Disability Support Workers for Part-time opportunities in our Group home in St. Kilda.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide quality direct support to service users in line with their support needs, the program they are accessing, and all support plans including the service users Individual Plan
- Increase the service users’ skills through independence, personal growth and development through the provision of active support and their enhanced participation as a valued member of their community
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities for service users
- Assist in the delivery of programs that facilitate service users’ development of social networks and inclusion in community activities
- Actively provide residents with night time routine and support as required.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent Disability related qualification
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required for these roles.
In order to be compliant successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and an International Criminal History Record Check; if you have resided for 12 months or more outside of Australia in the last 10 years.
Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for these positions, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
To be considered for these roles you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Pay rate starting from $26.66 per hour + penalty rates.
- Non-profit salary packaging benefits with Maxxia and other employee discounts
- On-going training opportunities in a supportive and collaborative team environment
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- This is day shift roster.
- Roster splits will depend on the role you are being considered for - Rosters are structured and you will be required to work to them accordingly.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquires, including requests to view the roster lines (not applications) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application close Midnight Wednesday 14th June.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Life Without Barriers supports calls for disability Royal Commission | Life Without Barriers (lwb.org.au)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend