- Work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Hybrid role - work from home and the office
- Competitive base salary + 10.5% super
- Monthly rostered day off
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and people seeking asylum. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
A new opportunity has become available at Life Without Barriers for a Program Manager to support our National Immigration Support Services (NISS) program. NISS is responsible for delivery of program/s supporting clients from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds. This role within NISS will have specific oversight of our Status Resolution Support Services (SRSS) program.
Supervising and mentoring a team, you ensure the programs are compliant with Federal Government legislation and are being delivered to budget and in line with the client's needs. As a strong leader and manager, you will develop your team’s skills, act as an elevation point for queries and issues, and promote a positive team culture.
We are looking for a highly experienced Manager, with senior level experience (immigration experience preferred), to work with our new QLD team. This position is being offered as permanent, full-time position based at our Milton or Springwood office with flexibility to work from home and office.
- Develop, lead and manage NISS teams in QLD and take active steps to inspire and grow our people.
- Ensure direct reports practice and support clients in a way that is in line/ aligned with LWB evidence-based practice standards.
- Ensure that the program is compliant with all expectations of the funding body including meeting key performance indicators, adhering to internal policies and holding team members to account.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed within designated timeframes, is of a high professional standard and meets legislative and organisational requirements.
- Ensure delivery of program services in accordance with program budgets, business plans and in line with client needs and plans.
- Ensure culturally appropriate client engagement principles and processes are applied to ensure the voice of the client is heard and reflected in case coordination practice and activities.
- Communicate and act in ways that are consistent with Life Without Barriers Values of Responsive, Imaginative, Courageous, Respectful and Relationships
- Provide an environment free of abuse, harm and exploitation for people we support.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Human Services or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a leadership/management role in a human services organisation.
- Experience in working with people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
- Demonstrated understanding of current practices for refugee, asylum seeker and migrants.
- Highly desirable to have experience within the Status Resolution Support Services (SRSS) program.
- Demonstrated experience working autonomously and in a collaborative manner as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities and to deliver high quality outcomes within agreed timeframes.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a dynamic, high volume work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to apply these skills in case coordination.
- Unrestricted driver’s licence.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, including a mobile phone and laptop.
- Salary packaging tax benefits, meal entertainment benefit, novated leasing and more.
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities.
- Monthly RDO.
How to Express your Interest
Please note: To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Send us your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Applications will close at midnight 26th March 2023.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)