Administration Officer. Permanent Full Time - Wollongong
Job no: 501356
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
Categories: Administration/Customer Service
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
Make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable Australians with this unique opportunity to provide both corporate expertise and community support. With a focus on people, not profit, Life Without Barriers’ corporate services team partners with our direct support staff, clients, and their families to ensure we continue our mission to change lives for the better. If a truly inclusive, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment sounds like your next career move, this is an opening not to be missed.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Joining our team as an Administration Officer in Wollongong, you’ll be tasked with delivering high quality reception and administrative support to our Southern NSW Family Based Care teams. To be successful, you’ll need to be a motivated team player who thrives on building relationships and have a passion for working within the community services sector.
- Provide administrative support to the Sydney Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Team
- Comprehensive office management inclusive of telephone enquiries, correspondence with internal and external stakeholders, managing office supply and equipment orders
- Diary management, schedule appointments, meetings and teleconferences and provide secretarial support to meetings.
- Room bookings, coordinate meeting requirements - catering, room, equipment & document preparation
- Prepare presentations and reports where required
- Support the Area Managers to manage carer probity follow up and assistance with onboarding of new staff
- Ensure the good order of LWB vehicles and scheduling of maintenance in accordance with Fleet Management Policy and Procedures
Skills & Experience
- High-level administrative skills and experience in providing support to staff and clients
- Strong written and oral communication, warm and friendly customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish a good rapport with the team and provide excellent customer service to all clients and stakeholders.
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability in using Microsoft Office suite programs
- Current Driver’s Licence.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Discover a purpose you can wrap your heart around
- Monthly rostered day off
- Generous Salary Packaging benefits - $15,900 per year, tax free!
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kristy Crowe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 26th March 2023 AEDT
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend