Disability Support Leader
Job no: 500118
Employment type: Full Time
Build a career in disability support by leading a team of Disability Support Workers within our Shared and Support Living Program. Supervise service delivery across multiple houses in South-East Melbourne. Lead a team and inspire others to make a real difference to our communities.
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Leading a team of Disability Support Workers within our Shared and Support Living Programs, you will supervise service delivery across two houses in South-East Melbourne, ensuring clients are enabled to maximise choice and control and employees are actively supporting services to be safe and compliant. This is a permanent full time position and an opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation where you will demonstrate your leadership experience in the disability sector and focus on strength-based practice and empowerment.
- Lead a team and provide advice and supervision to achieve positive outcomes
- Ensure staff are skilled and knowledgeable in the delivery of supports
- Collaborate, develop and maintain person centred Active Support approaches
- Manage the running of services including budgets, compliance and staff ratios
- Collaborate with key business partners to ensure consistency in delivering a positive service
- Manage, monitor and report on incidents and complaints
- Participate in the on call roster
Skills & Experience
- Held a leadership position managing multiple Supported Independent Living houses
- Experience supporting people with high support needs – behaviourally and physically
- Diploma in relevant Social & Community Services or relevant experience
- Current Australian unrestricted Drivers Licence
- Established influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, an NDIS Workers Screening Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- We are an organisation that champions diversity, inclusivity, and equality
- Leadership opportunity with one of Australia's largest supported independent living providers
- Join a forward thinking organisation where you will grow your leadership skills
- An additional 12 days of leave per year with our monthly opt-in Rostered Day Off
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kylie Doon via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on 31st of August, 2022
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend