Behaviour Support Practitioners. Permanent Full Time & Part Time – Flexible Queensland
Job no: 500008
Employment type: Full Time, Part Time
Location: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Cairns & Far North, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba & Darling Downs, Townsville & Northern QLD
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
As an NDIS Registered Behaviour Support Practitioner part of the National Behaviour Intervention Support (BIS) Team in LWB, you will be responsible for assessing, designing, evaluating and monitoring behaviour support plans and interventions for individuals. We have permanent full time & part time roles available for proficient and above BSP which can be located anywhere in Queensland.
The National BIS team provides clinical expertise to ensure support is provided locally to meet the needs of clients and staff regarding behaviour support. We proactively address factors driving behaviour that may limit people living the life they choose and promote a culture of respect, human rights and supporting positive and meaningful lives.
Working with individuals and teams, we aim to avoid, reduce and eliminate restrictive practices wherever possible.
- Provide clinical knowledge, expertise and support to clients in a range of Life Without Barriers Disability programs as well as external providers.
- Registered behaviour support practitioner with the NDIS
- Complete assessments (including data collection and analysis) of risk and behaviours of concern.
- Design, deliver and monitor interventions and strategies for the purpose of supporting people with a disability to achieve a greater quality of life, in those who present with behaviours of concern.
- Work within the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission requirements, the NDIA terms of business and any State Based Restrictive Practice Authorisation requirements.
- Provide training and support to staff, teachers, parents and other relevant stakeholders in therapeutic interventions, behaviour support plans, restrictive practices, risk and safety plans.
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders (including family, staff, teachers and other health and allied health professionals) in order to ensure best outcomes for the clients
- Supervision of core practitioners within the National BIS Team
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in allied health professions such as Psychology, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work or equivalent experience that meets the requirements of the NDIS Commission PBS Capability Framework
- A registered behaviour support practitioner who has self assessed through the NDIS Commission Capability Framework, proficient or above level
- Current driver’s license
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of behaviour support services to individuals with a range of disabilities, complex support needs and/or trauma. This includes the provision of positive behaviour support approaches and a commitment to reducing and eliminating Restrictive Practice use.
- Experience working in a culturally sensitive manner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and/or a willingness to work and train in culturally appropriate approaches
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Safeguarding requirements of the National Disability Insurance Agency
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Join one of Australia’s largest disability service providers
- Be part of a National behaviour support team and learn from colleagues all across the country
- Regular Individual and Group Supervision provided (Psychology supervision available)
- Career development opportunities available through our large and growing team.
- Competitive remuneration, great tax benefits available through salary packaging and a monthly rostered day off
- Permanent full time & part time positions – location flexible, anywhere in Queensland.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Debra Neil at email@example.com.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 6th July 2022.
Please note: Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations are required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend