Senior Case Manager (Family Based Care). Permanent Full Time - Far North Coast of NSW
Job no: 500002
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Lismore & Far North Coast
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Permanent full time position providing 'on-the-ground' support, professional guidance and development of Case Managers that promotes respectful, purposeful casework with children, young people, families and our community partners across the far north coast of NSW including Ballina, Tweed Heads, Grafton. In addition to mentoring a small team of Case Managers you will also carry a case load of young people.
- Complete assessment, planning, review and referral for children and young people with complex support needs
- Maximise identified permanency outcomes, including restoration, guardianship and adoption for children and young people
- Ensure that case work services and activities are evidence informed and operate consistently and ethically within the purpose and values of LWB and the CARE and TCI endorsed practice models
- Maintain superior knowledge and skills in relation to evidence informed practice to support children and young people and families with complex support needs
- Provide training, on-the-job coaching and mentoring to staff, to assist with skills development
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary level qualification in Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Extensive experience in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of case management and client support services within out of home care
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice, support, mentoring and training to managers and staff
- Ability to lead and sustain evidence based practice in supporting child, youth and families
- The ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Joelene Green at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 6 July 2022.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend