About the Organisation
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Provide personalised 1:1 Home Care support to clients accessing our Aged Care services. Our clients in these programs receive either short term or ongoing care, during which time you will support their reablement and improved quality of life. This is a casual position within Queanbeyan and the surrounding areas.
You will be required to travel to multiple clients’ homes within the Queanbeyan region throughout the day, therefore a current Australian Drivers Licence & having access to a reliable vehicle that you can use for work purposes is essential this position. You will be reimbursed 80 centres to the kilometre for your travels. Typical hours of work for these roles are between 7am -4pm weekdays (some work outside of these times may be required on occasion).
- Domestic assistance such as meal preparation and light cleaning
- Personal Care
- Assisting with shopping
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Implement tasks and routines outlined by an approved medical professional
- Support clients in attending appointments and social activities within the community
- Maintain and monitor a client’s health and behaviour changes on an ongoing basis
- Build rapport and collaborate effectively with clients to establish positive relationships
Skills & Experience
- A current First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification
- An Australian Driver’s Licence and ownership of a registered vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Passionate about making a positive impact in our ageing community
Successful candidates will be required to undertake relevant pre-employment checks to ensure the safety of our clients. This includes a National Criminal History Record Check and meeting immunisation requirements as per our contract with NSW Health.
We will discuss with and support you to meet these specified requirements as part of your recruitment and on boarding process.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- An opportunity to work for one of Australia's leading Social Purpose Organisations
- Career opportunities available including training and mentoring others
- Opportunity to build your career as a Home Care Worker doing work that matters
- Work in a largely supportive team, that is committed to you and your career
- Fantastic salary packaging benefits through Maxxia, tax free earnings up to $15,900
- Casual Hourly Rate from $28.99 per hour + Super + Shift Loading (where applicable)
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Chiara Molini at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Midnight Thursday 7th of July 2022
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA