About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
We are looking to hire casual Disability Support Workers for our Supported Independent Living site in Dee Why. In this role, you will partner with people living with disabilities by supporting them with their high-intensity daily personal activities (HIDPA). The exact assistance you will be required to provide will differ on the support needs of each client, but having experience with HIDPA will be highly regarded.
Due to the nature of these services, successful applicants will be required to work flexiblyacross a 24/7 roster. This includes overnights, weekends, and public holidays.
- You can complete your studies and work placement while being employed by us!
- Non-profit salary packaging benefits with Maxxia and other employee discounts
- Pay rates starting from $38.08 per hour, as per the SCHADS Award
- On-going training opportunities in a supportive and collaborative team environment
- We are an organisation that champions diversity, inclusivity, and equality
- An opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Follow person-centred support plans and behaviour support plans respectfully
- Participate in community activities and encourage clients to perform daily living tasks
- Track and document an individual’s progress through thorough record-keeping
- Build and maintain positive relationships with our clients and their families
Skills & Experience
- An unrestricted New South Wales driver’s licence
- Committed to work flexible work hours across the week, including public holidays
- Demonstrated ability to use basic technology and software on a mobile and desktop
- A current First Aid Certificate, which includes the course HLTAID003 or HLTAID011
Successful candidates will be required to clear all state-based probity checks; including but not limited to a National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Please note: To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Zali Kakko at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 14th of August 2022 (AEDT).
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)