Advanced Disability Support Workers - Permanent Full Time - East & South east suburbs
Job no: 499391
Employment type: Full Time
About the Organisation:
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the roles:
Due to an increase in Supported Independent Living support hours in line with our clients NDIS plans, we are now recruiting for permanent Advanced Disability Support Workers to work in a 2IC Capacity in our Group homes across the Eastern suburbs.
You may presently be completing your Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management, or recently completed studies. These Full time opportunities can be the pathway for you to develop your leadership skills & career within the Disability services space.
- Follow person-centred support plans and behaviour support plans respectfully
- Participate in community activities and encourage clients to perform daily living tasks
- Track and document an individual’s progress through thorough record-keeping
- Build and maintain positive relationships with our clients and their families
Skills & Experience
- Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent Disability related qualification at Bachelor level – OR If you are completing the Advanced Diploma we can consider you as an “In-study” Advanced Disability Support Worker.
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan
- Full time working rights.
In order to be compliant successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and an International Criminal History Record Check; if you have resided for 12 months or more outside of Australia in the last 10 years.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- Pay rate starting from $33.71 per hour + penalty rates
- Non-profit salary packaging benefits with Maxxia which increases your take home pay
- Paid annual and personal leave
- Stable and predictable rosters
- On-going training opportunities in a supportive and collaborative team environment
- Values-led and dedicated staff
- Build your career at Life Without Barriers
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquires, including requests to view the rosters or to discuss the specific requirements of these roles prior to applying (not applications) please contact email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend