About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply
About the role
Rewarding full-time DDSO2A career development pathway opportunities within our VDAS houses in the Northern Region. These roles provide a potential path for further career development, in a supportive, mentoring environment. As a key contributor in this role, you will be responsible for working within the leadership team to provide support to staff and clients with a wide variety of disabilities, across the life-cycle and in all domains of life, to enable access to a quality life and enhanced life skills with dignity and respect in the least restrictive environment.
Key Criteria for success:
- Proven experience working with clients with behaviours of concern and/or complex care needs having demonstrated senior/leadership experience in a group home setting.
- Willingness to learn, support and collaborate with the team, stakeholders and clients to achieve positive results and outcomes
- A hands-on supportive approach with the ability and keenness to share your knowledge of good practice and processes, including developing and implement individual support and behaviour support plans.
- A solid knowledge of relevant legislation, and positive appreciation of NDIS and SIL processes as well as excellent skills in communicating effectively with a diverse group of key stakeholders.
- You will be a team player, ready to step up as a leader and be a point of knowledge and expertise for the team, the client and their families and the stakeholder network.
- Able to advocate people with a disability to improve client outcomes and achieve desired goals by engaging with clients and their families
- Under general direction, undertake more complex direct care functions or contribute to the design and implementation of a range of plans where appropriate
- In accordance to the Public Health Order mandatory vaccination may be required based on where you live or where you may work. Evidence of this will be required at probity check stage.
- Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent Disability related qualification (Candidates currently enrolled/registered for the Advanced Diploma may be given consideration depending upon experience
- Current Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Full driver’s licence
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency essential
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Please include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For enquiries (not applications) regarding houses and rosters please email your questions to email@example.com for gain further information.
Applications close at midnight on the 9th of December, 2021.
Please note: Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations may be required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, we welcome your application and have supports for you should you require them. Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander State Lead is available for any questions you may have on William.Gray@lwb.org.au. Please note: This email address is purely for cultural support and not recruitment enquiries. Please submit any enquiries you have regarding your application to the relevant recruitment advisor.