Support Worker Community Care- Warwick
Job no: 497070
Employment type: Casual
Location: Toowoomba & Darling Downs
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
You will actively support the individual needs of frail, aged and people with disability who access our Community Care Services based in Warwick. You will be supporting clients to remain living independently at home through the provision of domestic assistance (cleaning), personal care, community access and activities such as (not limited to), shopping, hair dressing, doctors’ appointments, post office and entertainment activities.
A full drivers licence and reliable car will be required.
Our core business in the region is domestic assistance. During shifts you will support our clients to do cleaning tasks that they may be unable to do themselves including sweeping, mopping, making the bed and cleaning the bathroom.
The successful incumbent for this position will be required to support multiple clients per day, potentially starting as early as 6am and finishing as late as 6pm. Alternate weekends will also be required.
- Housekeeping duties in line with LWB Policies and Procedures such as (but not limited to) dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins fridges and freezers, as indicated in the clients care plan
- Washing clothing including hanging out to dry, folding and ironing of clothes
- Changing of bed linen as required
- Assist the client with showering, bathing, eating, toileting, grooming and any personal care needs as identified in their Care Plan
- Assist the client with community access as identified on the clients care plan
- Assist the client with activities such as (not limited to), shopping, hair dressing, post office and entertainment activities
- Administer basic first aid as required
- Manual handling in line with LWB Policies and Procedures as required
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care/Home and Community Care/Disability) or similar – Essential
- A current unrestricted drivers licence and reliable vehicle with minimum 3rd party insurance - Essential
- A current First Aid and CPR Certificates, or willingness to obtain before commencement - Essential
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of clients
- The ability to develop positive relationships with the clients and to support their individual care plans as appropriate
- Good communication skills, including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including carers, families and advocates)
- Ability to work within and demonstrate the Life Without Barriers values in all interactions and tasks
- Have a mobile phone for work purposes; this will enable you to send/receive emails, access rosters, complete incident reports and access e-learning for LWB. You will need to have access to a personal mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet which is compatible with LWB’s Company Portal. Do you have an Apple device with iOS version 6.6.3 or later or an Android device version 5.1 or later?”
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Salary packaging through Maxxia
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Casual ongoing positions available
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Support Worker -Community Care – Warwick'
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is 13/11/2021..
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend