House Manager (Interim Care). Permanent Full Time – Glenmore Park
Job no: 496676
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Lead, motivate and mentor a team of interim care residential workers in providing trauma informed care and support to up to 4 children between the ages of 9 and 14 living in a 24/7 transitional care home in Glenmore Park.
This is a permanent full-time role with working days of Monday to Friday along with rostered on call cover required. This is a hands-on role and you will spend most of your time in the home.
To be successful in the role, you must have previous leadership experience in an out of home care setting.
- Be actively present in the home environment, providing role modelling to staff
- Oversee and participate in the planning and implementation of individual case plans
- Model and support staff in applying the Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) system
- Manage the home in accordance with the CARE model, legislation, relevant standards, LWB policies and procedures and funding body requirements
- Undertake rostering of staff and manage the house budget
- Work with staff to build meaningful routines and a home environment for the children and young people
- Provide an environment free of abuse, harm, and exploitation for people we support
Skills & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team
- Experience working with children and young people who have experienced trauma and disadvantage.
- Commitment to complete Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) Training and be assessed as TCI competent within the probationary period.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current NSW driver’s licence.
- Up to $15,900 of your annual salary tax free through salary packaging benefits
- Monthly rostered days off (think 12 extra-long weekends per year!)
- Access to discounts and benefits at selected retail outlets such as department stores, attractions, travel, cinemas, restaurants and MORE
- Meaningful work opportunity at one of Australia’s leading social purpose organisation
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday the 23rd of June, 2021 (AEST).
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend