Operations Manager - East and North East Regions - VDAS
Job no: 494372
Employment type: Full Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of more than 7,000 employees working in more than 530 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager in the North East or East Region, Victorian Disability Accommodation Supports (VDAS). This role will report directly to the respective Regional Director and will be primarily situated in either Canterbury or Epping This role offers a highly sought-after opportunity for career progression within the disability support space.
In this role you will provide leadership and coaching to the workforce and will be responsible for management and oversight of up to 7 homes in the North East or East Melbourne Area. In this role you will be focused on ensuring clients receive a high quality, person centred service that is tailored to meet their individual needs and that this service is provided in the least restrictive environment.
As the successful applicant you will have an amazing opportunity to work in a team environment with various colleagues across VDAS in leading houses, staff and most importantly, assisting clients transition fully to the NDIS. You will also be responsible for budget management, ongoing complex risk assessment and the development and maintenance of stakeholder relationships.
Flexibility with working hours and locations are a must in this role.
- Lead service development to enhance opportunities for clients to achieve their full potential and work actively with community groups or other interest groups as required
- Lead advocacy within the broader community on behalf of clients and their families to support inclusion and participation and a commitment to effective service delivery
- Work with staff to develop outcomes for clients, including research within the sphere of responsibility
- Explore information relating to health conditions to support greater levels of well-being for clients and endeavour to ensure appropriate resources and personnel are engaged for these purposes
- Lead and mentor decision making by staff who are managing teams within specified policies and practice standards
- Make strategic decisions across a large client group within the scope of established policies and practice standards
- Identify required interventions to ensure service quality is maintained and enhanced
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent qualification
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge of the Disability Act 2006, modern trends in service provision to people with a disability and the implications for service delivery would be expected
- Solid knowledge and exposure to NDIS
- Expertise and knowledge in the direct delivery of services to people living with disabilities and related standards across a service or practice area is expected. This includes:
- Specialised and contemporary understanding of disability including evidence-based practice principles and an ability to apply this theoretical knowledge to client support
- Knowledge of and skill with coaching, supervision and planning practices
- Knowledge of complex conditions that impact on disability and the capacity to remain up to date with related developments
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Attractive Remuneration Package
- Regular RDO’s
- Tools of the Trade: Mobile phone, laptop,
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document. Please ensure to advise which region you are applying for by indicating “East” or “North East” in your cover letter. Click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts to submit your application. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on the 13th July 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend