Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Home Care Worker Level 2. Casual - KATHERINE
Job no: 494194
Employment type: Casual
Location: Katherine & Northern Australia
Categories: Aged Care
About the role
The purpose of a Home Care Worker - Level 2 position is to support clients to remain living independently at home through the provision of personal care, domestic assistance and social support.
We are only accepting applications from candidates that identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
Life Without Barriers considers that being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent is a genuine occupational requirement as outlined in State and Territory legislation and permitted as a ‘special measure’ under section 8 of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and by articles 1(4) and 2(2) of the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
Undertake domestic duties, including, but not limited to:
- Dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins fridges and freezers, as outlined in the clients care plan;
- Assisting clients with showering, bathing, eating, meal preparation, grooming
- Supporting clients to attend and actively participate in appointments and social activities
- Observe and report any changes in client health or behaviour;
- Be aware of safety issues and report hazards in the working environment or work equipment;
- Establish a rapport and collaborate effectively with clients and their support network to achieve positive outcomes within a consumer directed care model
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) or Certificate III in Aged Care;
- Valid unrestricted Drivers Licence;
- Valid First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification.
- Current, or willingness to undertake, Food Handlers Certificate
- Experience providing domestic support and assistance to clients;
- Demonstrated experience in using initiative and working both individually in supporting service users and as part of a team
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to maintain clients privacy, confidentiality and dignity.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Join a growing team
- Casual positions available
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 15th July, 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend