Advanced Disability Support Worker DDSO2A – Full time – Bundoora VDAS (494041)
Job no: 494041
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Disability, Mental Health
Life Without Barriers offers prospective employees, excellent career opportunities within the Disability Development and Support space. As an organisation at the forefront of the sector and a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation we currently employee 7,000 employees in more than 530 communities across Australia.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
Within the Victorian Disability Accommodation Services arena, we are growing and continue to make a positive difference in the daily lives of adults with disability across 130 houses providing support to 500+ clients across the Melbourne Metropolitan area.
In 2021 are you looking for:
- A career that is stimulating, rewarding and uniquely satisfying with a path for further development and personal growth
- Work in supportive teams making a positive impact in the lives of clients actively living with a disability, achieving inspiring individual goals and helping them live life to the fullest
- A position which offers stability in a sector which is evolving and consistently looking to be more responsive to our clients’ needs by being creative, respectful, courageous and enabling them to achieve outcomes that matter to them.
As an Advanced Disability Support Officer in this residential home in Bundoora you will be responsible for 2IC support to the House Supervisor by providing leadership and guidance to staff and direct client support to a small, all male resident group.
The house profile: This is the home of 6 men aged from mid-forties to seventy. The residents support needs vary in terms of levels of independence and support with both higher and lower levels of personal care and behavioural support required. Residents enjoy growing their own vegetables, walks to University Hill and have good family contact and support networks.
This is a full-time ongoing position and the roster line 79:30/72:30 fortnightly splits days/evenings with no sleepover or active nights and 2 weekends off per month.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven experience working in group homes
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation
- Great communication skills
- A hands-on leader and team player with positive behaviour support experience and leadership capabilities able to actively promote and provide best practice support to clients whilst supervising and mentoring other team members.
- Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent Disability related qualification - candidates currently studying for this qualification may be considered depending upon experience.
- Current Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC) and Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Full driver’s licence
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency is an essential pre-requisite
- Demonstrated compliance with NDIS requirements for Disability Support Workers
- Award rate package with FULL SALARY SACRIFICING BENEFITS
- Career path for future development
- Rewarding and stimulating role.
To Apply: Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact email@example.com. Applications will close at midnight on 9th March 2021.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here: https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend