Disability Support Worker - Permanent Part Time - Kalgoorlie
Job no: 493342
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in the lives of People with a Disability.
We are looking for Disability Support Workers to join our new team in supported accommodation in Kalgoorlie. We have part-time and full-time contracts available.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will play an important role in supporting and empowering people with disability to live in and access the community independently and to achieve their individual goals. Working in a team, you will facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with service users in a positive and proactive environment. You will be actively supporting their individual needs and creating a safe environment. You will be able to remain calm under pressure, have a strengths-based approach, follow policy and procedure and have good communication and admin skills to report effectively as required.
You will need to be available to work a 24/7 roster that includes regular day shifts, sleepover shifts, weekends and public holidays.
We encourage applicants with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
- Supporting activities of daily living (including personal care)
- Positive behaviour support
- Community access & transport such as assisting clients to attend medical appointments and food shopping
- Following person-centred plans
- Documenting & progress note keeping
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Disability, Community Services or similar
- Experience supporting people with cerebral palsy and limited mobility
- Current driver’s licence
- Current first-aid certificate
- Ability to maintain clients’ privacy and confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to work a variety of shifts across a 24/7 roster including weekends, nights and public holidays
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Career Development
- Salary Sacrifice Tax Benefits
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend