About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
Role & Responsibilities
We are currently seeking staff to support our young people living in residential care across NSW. We have multiple permanent and casual positions available in Wollongong, Orange, Dubbo, Central Coast and Newcastle.
Working in our 24/7 therapeutic care homes, you’ll work directly with children & young people providing trauma informed support, mentorship and care.
You’ll undertake a variety of day-to-day duties such as;
- Assisting with daily routines such as wake up, bedtime, personal care and meals, completion of chores and laundry, recreational activities, homework supervision and assistance.
- Transportation and support to attend appointments
- Supporting the involvement of families, facilitating and supervising contact visits.
- Supporting children and young people to develop and maintain positive family and kinship relations
- Working within the scope of each child & young person individual plan to support them to achieve their identified goals
- Maintaining high quality record keeping and documentation
Previous experience supporting Children & Young People with complex trauma backgrounds or young adults with disability and/or mental health diagnosis (including eating disorders, depression and anxiety) in a residential setting will be highly regarded.
A relevant diploma (such as Community Services, Youth Work, Mental Health, Disability, Nursing or similar) OR possessing relevant experience and a willingness to undertake a relevant diploma (at no cost to you via our preferred RTO if willing to take permanent part or fulltime employment) is a requirement of this role.
A qualification is desirable but not essential for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants with relevant experience and a willingness to undertake further training
Successful applicants will also require;
- Current Provide First Aid (HLTAID003 or HLTAID011) & CPR (HLTAID001 or HLTAID009) Certificate/s
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- The ability to form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with Children & Young People
- Willingness to assist with activities of daily living, including personal care
- Availability to work a variety of shifts across a 24/7 roster (including weekend and night shifts)
Why join our team at Life Without Barriers
- Award Rates from SCHADS 2.4 – 3.4 (range dependant on qualifications)
- We’re invested in your success and will provide you with support to see you shine including;
- A comprehensive induction & ongoing mentoring support
- Access to numerous training modules via our employee MyLearning platform
- Paid Face to Face Training within your first 12 months of employment including Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI), 3 days and Children & Residential Experiences (CARE), 4 days
- Fantastic salary packaging benefits through Maxxia – up to $15,900 tax free salary benefits and additional $2,650 tax free meal entertainment card!
- Wellbeing support through our Employee Assistance Program
- Employee benefits program, including access to discounted health insurance, car servicing and travel club membership and more...
- Inclusive & diverse workplace where you can be your whole self every day at work.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments contact email@example.com
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2