Starting rate $45 per hour + 11% Super + Salary Sacrifice up to $15,900 a year!
- Are you looking for an inclusive and diverse organisation that offers career opportunities and understands the importance of work life balance?
- Are you studying? Seeking a career change?
- Would you like to pay less tax and increase your take home pay?
- Would you like to receive discounted Private Health Insurance?
Why should you start your career with Life Without Barriers as a Youth Worker?
There is no greater honour, no bigger privilege than partnering with children, young people, and families to positively impact their lives.
At Life Without Barriers, we believe that supporting children, young people and families involved with, or at risk of being involved with, the child protection system takes passion, strength, expertise, commitment, and a relentless desire to help them grow, learn, heal, and thrive.
Life Without Barriers can offer you a wealth of opportunities. In fact, we have had Operations Managers, Program Managers, Child and Family Practitioners and Case Managers who kicked off their careers with LWB as Youth Workers. Not only this, but Youth Work can also be the ideal role for people who are studying and wanting to put theory into practice, or who are seeking to achieve better work/life balance all while making a difference at the same time.
Youth Work is truly what you make of it!
As an LWB Youth Worker you will:
- Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with children and young people by building trust through visible interest and active engagement.
- Act as an appropriate adult role model, seeking to engage young people in purposeful activities aimed at developing life skills and self-worth.
- Support the involvement of family and where applicable, facilitate family visits/connection and the promotion of positive family relationships with children and young people, to suit individual needs.
- Promote and encourage positive relationships with peers and other persons significant to the child/young person.
- Assist the child/young person to participate as full as possible in making decisions about the activities undertaken.
QLD Child Youth and Family Requirements
To received paid employment as a Youth Worker in QLD you need to have completed or provide evidence that you are actively enrolled in a relevant qualification. If you are unsure if you meet these minimum qualification standards, please click here.
- Unrestricted (Opens) Drivers Licence (essential)
- Valid Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification (or willingness to obtain prior to commencement)
If you meet the above qualification criteria, we invite you to register your interest for any future opportunities within LWB.
What happens next?
With a focus on ensuring safety and respect for children and young people in our care, we help guide you through a series of background checks to get you ready to work as a Youth Worker in QLD.
Successful applicants will be taken through the following process:
- Invited to sit a one-on-one or group interview
- Invited to complete reference checks with a child safety focus
- We will conduct a National Criminal History check (paid for by LWB)
- Following the successful outcomes of these checks you will be asked to pay ($94) and obtain a Working with Children’s Blue Card click here
- Once an opening has been confirmed we will set you up with Hope & Healing training
How to register your interest
Include your resume, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com with the subject heading “YW– Mackay”. Please note that we do not accept applicants to this email address, they must be submitted online.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. If you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face-to-face interview.
Please note: To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
About Life Without Barriers
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)