Disability Support Worker. Permanent Part Time - Bondi Junction
Job no: 502680
Employment type: Part Time
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Support 4 women between the ages of 29 and 44 with psychosocial disability living in Support Independent Living in Bondi Junction.
You will have previous experience working with people with psychosocial disability and mental health conditions who may display behaviours of concern.
Successful candidates must be able to commit to one of the set roster lines below:
- 45 hours per fortnight:
- Week 1: Mon and Tue 7-10am, Wed 7am -3pm, Fri 7-10am and Sat and Sun 11pm – 9am (Active nights)
- Week 2: Thu 7am – 3pm
- 49 hours per fortnight:
- Week 1: Wed 12am (midnight) - 10am (active night), Sat 2-8pm and Sun 7am - 2pm
- Week 2: Mon 3-11pm, Thu 11pm - 9am (active night) and Fri 11pm - 7am (active night)
- Follow person-centred support and behaviour plans
- Facilitate client goal achievement through meaningful activities
- Maintain thorough record keeping
- Build positive relationships with clients, families and colleauges
- Advocate for client choice and control
Skills & Experience
- Experience working with people with psychosocial disability
- Previous experience working with behaviour support plans
- An unrestricted Australian driver’s licence
- A current First Aid and CPR Certificate
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and obtain an NDIS Clearance.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- Minimum hourly rate from $32.21
- Stable, predictable rosters and paid leave entitlements
- Do meaningful work, positively impacting lives through relationships
- Access to wellbeing program for employees and families
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, please contact Kestra Caller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 10th of March, 2024
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend