Assistant in Nursing. Casual - Emu Plains
Job no: 502594
Employment type: Casual
Location: Blue Mountains & Central West
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Provide person-centred nursing care, domestic assistance, and active support to people with disability living in Emu Plains.
You will have prior experience working with people with a disability and flexible availability across a 24/7 roster (including weekends, nights, public holidays).
- Provide quality nursing care for people with disability
- Observe and report changes in clients’ health and daily needs
- Work within a team to ensure consistent service delivery
- Complete and maintain accurate documentation
- Report potential risks and safety hazards
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience supporting people with disability
- Certificate III in Aged Care, Disability, Home and Community Care, or similar
- Experience in manual handling and hoisting
- A current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- An unrestricted NSW driver’s licence
- The ability to work flexibly around a 24/7 roster
- Clear communication and basic computer skills
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and obtain an NDIS Clearance.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- Casual hourly rate from $30.72
- Use your nursing skills to make a positive impact on the lives of people with disability
- Be supported by a team of AINs, RN’s and a Registered Nurse Unit Manager
- Unique opportunity for an AIN seeking employment outside of Hospitals or Aged Care settings
How to Apply
Include your resume and cover letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight Sunday the 10th of March, 2024
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend