Disability Support Worker. Permanent Part Time and Casual - Mackay
Job no: 502562
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Mackay & Coalfields
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Working in Mackay, you will support clients in both our Lifestyle Support program and clients in Supported Independent Living. Working in our Lifestyle Program, you will assist clients with community participation, taking them to appointments, personal care and daily living skills. These shifts operate between the hours of 7am - 3pm Monday to Sunday. Working with our clients in Supported Independent Living, you will assist them with personal care, peg feeding and domestic support to enable them to live in their own home. These shifts operate Monday - Sunday 24/7 with sleepover shifts.
- Follow person-centred support plans and behaviour support plans respectfully
- Participate in community activities and encourage clients to perform daily living tasks
- Track and document an individual’s progress through thorough record-keeping
- Build and maintain positive relationships with our clients and their families
Skills & Experience
- An unrestricted driver’s licence
- Commitment to a 24/7 roster, including sleep over night shifts & weekends
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Sound computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adhere to client support plans and complete documentation
- Join one of Australia’s leading social purpose organisations
- An hourly rate from $30.46 for permanent part time and $38.07 for casual
- On-going training opportunities in a supportive and collaborative team environment
- Career pathways across a national organisation
Successful candidates will be required to clear all state-based probity checks; including but not limited to a National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend