Lifestyle Support Worker. Casual – Sutherland Shire
Job no: 502179
Employment type: Casual
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Make a positive impact in the lives of people with disability in your local community, providing one on one in-home and social support to a person with disability in the Sutherland Shire.
The successful candidate will have previous experience providing lifestyle and social support to people with psychosocial disability and mental health conditions and have a keen interest in sports and physical activities in order to help the person achieve their daily and long-term goals.
- Assistance with daily living (including personal care where needed)
- Community access and transport (with the use of your own vehicle)
- Domestic assistance (support with household chores)
- Maintain and monitor person-centred plans
- Documenting and progress note keeping
- Help clients reach their goals through meaningful activities of their choice
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients, their families and your team
- Advocate for client choice and control in a way that is safe and compliant
Skills & Experience
- Experience supporting people with psychosocial disability and mental health conditions.
- Australian Drivers Licence and reliable vehicle
- Willing to complete basic household chores
- Confidence and experience in providing personal care
- Passionate about delivering Person-Centred care
- A current First Aid Certificate, which includes the course HLTAID003 or HLTAID011
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and obtain an NDIS Clearance.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- Casual hourly rate from $40.26 per hour
- Build your career at Life Without Barriers, opportunities available nationally
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Do work that matters, making a positive impact on the lives of people living with disability.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, please contact Kestra Caller at email@example.com
Candidates seeking employment in Supported Independent Living (SIL) homes need not apply.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday the 4th of October, 2023
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend