Home Care Worker (Aged Care). Casual - Leeton
Job no: 502042
Employment type: Casual
Location: Wagga Wagga & Riverina
Categories: Aged Care
About the Role
Working within Leeton and surrounding local areas, you will provide personalised home care support to elderly Australians accessing our aged care support services. We have casual roles available, with shifts occurring between 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday (some work outside of these hours may be required on occasion to meet the needs of the clients). You will support our clients to maintain their independence and remain living in their own homes through the provision of domestic assistance, personal care and social support.
- Domestic assistance such as meal preparation and light cleaning
- Personal Care including showering, bathing and grooming
- Community access support such as transport to medical appointments and social outings, and assistance with shopping
- Implement tasks and routines outlined by an approved medical professional
- Maintain and monitor a client’s health and behaviour changes on an ongoing basis
- Build rapport and collaborate effectively with clients to establish positive relationships
Skills & Experience
- A current First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification
- An Australian Driver’s Licence and ownership of a registered vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Passionate about making a positive impact in our ageing community
Successful candidates will be required to undertake relevant pre-employment checks to ensure the safety of our clients. This includes a National Criminal History Record Check.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- An opportunity to make a meaningful, positive impact in the lives of elderly Australians within your local community
- Casual hourly rate from $36.88 per hour + Super for those who hold a relevant qualification
- Get paid .92 cents per kilometre travelled while you work
- Receive up to $15,900 of your annual salary tax free through salary packaging benefits
- Access to discounts and benefits at selected retail outlets, cinemas, restaurants and more
About the Organisation
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Rianne Gifford at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Thursday the 7th of December 2023
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend