Intensive Therapeutic Care Worker (Significant Disabilities). Permanent Part Time & Casual- Central Coast
Job no: 501960
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Gosford & Central Coast
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Role
As a Therapeutic Youth Worker, you will provide direct support, care and mentorship to children and young people living in Intensive Therapeutic Care homes across the Central Coast. We have young people that we support across the area who have experienced childhood trauma, abuse or neglect and may have a mental health, physical or psychosocial disability.
To be successful in this role, you will be a resilient problem solver, who can adapt to an ever-changing environment and be a strong advocate for the young people you support. You will need to have availability to work a 24/7 roster including night and weekend shifts. We currently have part time and casual opportunities available.
You’ll undertake a variety of day-to-day duties;
- Develop a caring, safe and trusting relationship with the young person
- Meet the day to day needs of children and young people and working within the legislative requirements and LWB initiatives, such as We Put Children First
- Provide daily care, supervision and role modelling
- Provide a nurturing environment to promote self-efficacy and emotional wellbeing
- Facilitate activities that connect the child or young person with their family, community and culture
- Support the child or young person to participate in school, vocational training or employment
- Effectively advocate the views of the young people
- Participate in team meetings, reflective practice and supervision, debriefing and various support activities
- Maintaining high quality record keeping and documentation
- Do work that matters at one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Hourly rate from $35.14 + super dependent on qualifications and experience
- Paid face to face training within your first 12 months of employment including TCI & CARE Training
- 8-day induction program
- 24-hour management support with a National After-Hours Service team
- Generous Salary Packaging benefits - $15,900 per year, tax free!
- Employee benefits program, including access to discounted health insurance, car servicing and travel club membership.
Skills & Experience
- A Diploma in Community Services or related field, OR willingness to complete a Diploma offered by LWB (Note: a qualification is desirable but not essential for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants with relevant experience)
- Current Provide First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Australian Drivers Licence
- The ability to form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with Children & Young People
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and NSW Working with Children Check.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Emma Kennedy via firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face-to-face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend