About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Reporting to the Area Manager (Family Based Care) in this truly rewarding opportunity, you will hold a small caseload of clients, while you lead, coach & mentor a team of Case Managers to deliver high quality support to Children, Young People and their families.
You will play a key role to actively promote reflective practice, conduct complex case reviews and ensure that case management services provided by Life Without Barriers is aligned to policies, procedures, relevant statutory regulations, funding and accreditation standards.
This is a permanent full time position based from our Ballina office with some flexibility to work from home provided.
- Lead Family Based Care case management teams in the provision of best practice assessment, planning and evaluation processes for Children, Young People and their Families.
- Ensure that case management services and activities are evidence informed and align to the purpose & values of Life Without Barriers and the CARE and TCI endorsed practice models
- Liaise and partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure permanency goals (including restoration, guardianship and adoption) of children and young people are actively worked towards and achieved
- Complete assessment, planning, review and referral for children and young people with complex support needs using endorsed and approved policy, procedures and tools
- Ensure written material for internal and external purposes is high quality, evidence informed and meets internal and external policy, legislative and regulatory requirements
- Ensure the management and escalation of risks and issues arising in the course of service delivery in accordance with Life Without Barriers policies & procedures
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary level qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Experience in care and protection including working with children and families at risk
- Extensive experience in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of case management and client support services within out of home care
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice, support, mentoring and training to managers and staff
- Ability to lead and sustain evidence-based practice in supporting Children, Young People and their Families.
- Current Australian drivers’ licence
- Do work that matters at one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Generous Salary Packaging benefits - $15,900 per year, tax free!
- Monthly rostered day off & company vehicle provided
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kristy Crowe at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 2nd April 2023 AEDT
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications are continuously reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face-to-face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)