About the roles:
Do you hold – or are you completing your Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management?. Working in our group homes across the east in suburbs such as Mont Albert North, Glen Waverley, Mitcham and Doncaster you will provide 2IC support to the House Supervisor through leading and mentoring staff and providing direct client support including support with activities of daily living and developing, implementing, and monitoring Individual Plan’s including personal care.
In these role you will work to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with and for the clients within the house.
These Advanced Disability Support Worker roles are permanent full-time role with rosters which is a combination of morning, and afternoon shifts and weekends each month.
Please note: more detailed rosters can be provided upon request.
About the organisation:
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the house from a leadership perspective.
- Develop planned activities in line with departmental policies and guidelines
- Liaise with family members, medical services, departmental services and external services to help meet client needs
- Develop, implement, monitor and review a range of client support plans, with oversight from senior staff, using knowledge of client need, preferences and interests
- Provide quality direct support to clients in line with their support needs, the program they are accessing, and all support plans including Individual Plans
- Administer medication treatments and therapies according to prescribed protocols or otherwise, seek appropriate medical assistance
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities
Essential Skills & Experience
- Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent Disability related qualification at Bachelor level - Candidates currently studying for this qualification may be considered depending upon experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a Senior disability support worker
- First Aid Certificate
- An unrestricted Victorian Drivers Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Workers screening check.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- Pay rates starting from $34.00 per hour + penalties
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Non-profit salary packaging benefits with Maxxia and other employee discounts.
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support & career advancement opportunities & a collaborative team environment.
- Great opportunity to establish a career within a stable, growing and well recognised, forward thinking, services provider.
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including requests to view the specific roster line prior to applying or for persons with disability that require adjustments please contact email@example.com
Applications close Midnight Wednesday 29th March.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)