About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
As an experienced and enthusiastic Case Manager with the ability to work autonomously, you will provide quality case management support for Children & Young People linked with our family-based care services. Working closely with young people, carers, and their families, you will develop and implement personalised case plans which work actively towards the permanency goals of the children and young people in our care.
This Permanent Full-Time role is based in Newcastle and required to work primarily from office/client locations with some flexibility provided to work from home. We take pride in our people and offer every opportunity to further develop yourself and your career when you join LWB. On offer is an attractive salary, phone and laptop, car for business and personal use and access to salary packaging and a range of other great benefits.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process
- Develop and implement high quality case plans or individual plans for children and young people in LWB's care
- Develop and maintain functional and supportive relationships with children and young people in family-based care as well as their families to reach positive outcomes
- Support and monitor placements and ensure carers participate in the case planning process and assist them to implement the strategies outlined in the case plan
- Meet with clients and family members to gather input for case plans and ensure their views are represented
- Participate in on call roster as required
- Ensure compliance with all internal policy and procedure, statutory and contractual requirements in relation to management of service delivery
Skills & Experience
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Social Welfare, Psychology, Nursing or Mental health
- Current Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated experience in case planning with children and young people
- Experience in OOHC or child protection preferred
- Working understanding of the NSW Permanency Support Program
- Experience working autonomously in implementing therapeutic case plans for multiple clients simultaneously
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Discover a purpose you can wrap your heart around
- Generous Salary Packaging benefits - $15,900 per year, tax free!
- Company Vehicle + Monthly Rostered Day Off (RDO) provided
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kristy Crowe at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face-to-face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 2nd April 2023 AEDT
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications are continuously reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)