Community Support Worker (Mental Health) - Broome
Job no: 501153
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Broome & Kimberley
Categories: Mental Health
Mental Health support workers needed in Broome to help people access a mental health community outreach program. Casual rate from $38/hour.
About the role
We are looking for a Community Support Worker to join our Individualised Community Living Strategy (ICLS) program providing outreach support to a person accessing the service in the Broome area.
The service is for clients with a mental health diagnosis who are eligible for housing support. The role of the Community Support Worker is to help the client access their local services and maximise their recovery success while living in the community.
- Support the consumer to increase their ability to fully participate in their ongoing clinical and psycho-social support needs
- Assist consumers to develop their skills to self-manage their lifestyle and well-being
- Develop and maintain formal and effective partnerships with specialist mental health services
- Work to consumers individualised plans and track progress in line with funding requirements
- Administration and record keeping
Skills & Experience
- Certificate in Mental Health or relevant Health Services (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience working with people with mental illness or psycho-social disability
- Passionate about client outcomes and mental health advocacy
- High computer literacy and administration skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate
- Current valid driver's licence and reliable vehicle
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process
- Make a real difference to your local community
- Be supported by a genuine team
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Training and career development opportunities
- Salary packaging benefits
How to Apply
Include your resume and cover letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kylie Doon via email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organisation
Almost half of Australian adults will experience a mental health illness at some point in their life. You can make a meaningful difference to the Australian community by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Our mental health teams provide client-led, recovery-orientated mental health support, creating positive change in such a vital industry.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend