We are looking for Disability Support Workers for our residential home in Mulgrave. Brand new rosters. You will be responsible for providing support with activities of daily living and developing, implementing and monitoring Individual Plan’s including personal care. In this role you will work to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with and for the clients within the house.
The house profile: This house is situated in Mulgrave and has a mixture of clients that require support including medical, manual handling, administration of medications, and assistance at mealtimes and behaviour support. In close proximity to the house is Springvale Rd and local eateries and shopping precincts.
Life Without Barriers offers prospective employees, excellent career opportunities within the Disability Development and Support space. As an organisation at the forefront of the sector and a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation we currently employee 8,000 employees in more than 530 communities across Australia. We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply. Within the Victorian Disability Accommodation Services arena, we are growing and continue to make a positive difference in the daily lives of adults with disability across 130 houses providing support to 500+ clients across the Melbourne Metropolitan area.
If are you looking for:
- A career that is stimulating, rewarding and uniquely satisfying with a path for further development and personal growth
- Work in supportive teams making a positive impact in the lives of clients actively living with a disability, achieving inspiring individual goals and helping them live life to the fullest
- A position which offers stability in a sector which is evolving and consistently looking to be more responsive to our clients’ needs by being creative, respectful, courageous and enabling them to achieve outcomes that matter to them.
These Part time roles we have available offers the following hours & shifts:
Roster splits 51:30/34:45 or 48:15/35:15 or 38:15/46:00 or 53:00 /30:30
All 4 rosters are a combination of morning, full day or afternoon shifts. Each roster has a requirement to work 2 weekends per month.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the house
- Develop planned activities in line with departmental policies and guidelines
- Liaise with family members, medical services, departmental services and external services to help meet client needs
- Develop, implement, monitor and review a range of client support plans, with oversight from senior staff, using knowledge of client need, preferences and interests
- Provide quality direct support to clients in line with their support needs, the program they are accessing, and all support plans including Individual Plans
- Administer medication treatments and therapies according to prescribed protocols or otherwise, seek appropriate medical assistance
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent Disability related qualification
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- Current NDIS check
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency is essential.
•Pay rates starting from $26.55 per hour + penalty rates
•Non-profit salary packaging benefits with Maxxia and other employee discounts
•On-going training opportunities in a supportive and collaborative team environment
•We are an organisation that champions diversity, inclusivity, and equality
•An opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
To Apply: Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including request to review the specific rosters & their requirements before making a decision to apply or persons with disability that require adjustments please contact email@example.com
Applications will close at midnight on Thursday 30th March.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here: https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA