Home Care Worker (Aged Care). Casual - Katherine
Job no: 500996
Employment type: Casual
Location: Katherine & Northern Australia
Categories: Aged Care
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
The purpose of a Home Care Worker is to support clients to remain living independently at home through the provision of personal care, domestic assistance and social support. These are flexible casual positions within the local Katherine community.
Undertake domestic duties, including, but not limited to:
- Dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins fridges and freezers, as outlined in the clients care plan;
- Assisting clients with showering, bathing, eating, meal preparation, grooming
- Supporting clients to attend and actively participate in appointments and social activities
- Observe and report any changes in client health or behaviour;
- Be aware of safety issues and report hazards in the working environment or work equipment;
- Establish a rapport and collaborate effectively with clients and their support network to achieve positive outcomes within a consumer directed care model
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) or Certificate III in Aged Care;
- Valid unrestricted drivers licence and own reliable vehicle (to be used for client transport);
- Valid First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification.
- Current, or willingness to undertake, Food Handlers Certificate
- Experience providing domestic support and assistance to clients;
- Demonstrated experience in using initiative and working both individually in supporting service users and as part of a team
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to maintain clients privacy, confidentiality and dignity.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Join a growing team
- Casual positions available
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Lisa Hurd at email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend