Area Manager - Permanent Full Time - Ballina
Job no: 500868
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Lismore & Far North Coast
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Great remuneration package & motor vehicle allowance
- Access to salary packaging options that increase your take home pay
- Flexible working arrangements
About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
As an Area Manager you will manage a small team of Case Managers and Therapeutic Permanency Specialists across Far North Coast, with Ballina being your main office hub. In this role you will lead and manage the team to ensure the delivery of quality evidence-based services which achieve positive outcomes for children, families, and young people. To succeed in this role, you will use your leadership and experience to engage and work with children and young people, our teams and various stakeholders internally and externally whilst ensuring service delivery and compliance exceeds requirements.
- Lead a team to deliver key permanency outcomes for children and young people, in line with legislative and contractual obligations
- Drive innovation in service delivery to maximise outcomes for children and young people
- Implement local business development strategies that contribute to the growth and diversification of Life Without Barriers
- Lead and influence local community and stakeholder expectations and commitment to outcomes for children and young people in family-based care
- Promote and lead the implementation of organisational practice related initiatives, including supporting the ongoing activities to embed Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and the CARE model, to support a shared language and shared understanding of best practice
- Lead and model a culture and practice of stronger client voice and participation in all Family, Children and Young People service delivery and programs
- Manage business unit within approved budget
Skills & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in fields such as Human Services and Social Work.
- Demonstrated management experience in family-based care or out of home care
- Strong understanding of the permanency support program
- A demonstrated commitment to the care and protection of children and young people
- Demonstrated ability to manage services and programs within a budget
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Dillon Van De Wint at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on 8th December 2022
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face-to-face interview.
Please note: Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations may be required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend