Regional Operations Manager. Permanent, full time - South Australia
Job no: 500862
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Adelaide, Whyalla & Eyre Peninsula
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Managing our Supported Independent Living services across South Australia, you will be an experienced leader in disability services where you ensure that clients are supported to achieve their goals, enabling increased independence and inclusion in the community. You will be an empowering and relationships focused leader where you always strive for better for clients and employees. Reporting to the Director, Disability and Mental Health Services for SA,VIC & TAS, you will supervise a team of Disability Support Leaders across Adelaide, Port Augusta & Ceduna. This is a permanent full time position that can be based in Adelaide or regionally within the Eyre Peninsula.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving team where you can make great impact and influence on the programs and in the community whilst working for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations. You have the support and guidance from some of the best leaders in the sector and the autonomy to make your impact.
- Lead advocacy within the broader community on behalf of clients and their families to support inclusion and participation
- Provide coaching, support, and advice on complex client needs, service delivery issues, and critical incident response
- Provide local leadership in the implementation, monitoring, and review of safeguarding practices especially
- Lead, manage and embed systems, processes, and procedures to ensure the provision of high quality and responsive services that meet client needs
- Manage all aspects of programmatic budget responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Operational leadership within disability & mental health services managing a geographically dispersed program
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in field such as Health Services, Human Services, Social Work or related discipline
- Strong leadership skills aligned with the Life Without Barriers values
- Demonstrated ability to manage services and programs within a budget
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including peers, employees, funding bodies and government agencies
- Cultural competency to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Join a forward thinking organisation who is a leader in the sector
- Influence programs and outcomes within the community
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight Wednesday 7th December 2022
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend