Community Support Worker. Casual - Manly and surrounds
Job no: 500833
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Provide one on one, in-home support to people with disability living in various suburbs of the Northern Beaches, including Manly, Brookvale, Dee Why, Warriewood and surrounds.
You will be required to travel to different suburbs of Northern Beaches during your shift in order to provide in-home support to individual people.
- Assistance with daily living (including personal care where needed)
- Community access and transport (with the use of your own vehicle)
- Domestic assistance (support with household chores)
- Maintain and monitor person-centred plans
- Documenting and progress note keeping
Skills & Experience
- Experience supporting people with disability
- Australian Drivers Licence and reliable, insured vehicle
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Willing to complete basic household chores
- Confidence and experience in providing personal care
- Passionate about delivering Person-Centred care
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and obtain an NDIS Clearance.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- Casual hourly rate from $40.26 per hour
- Make a positive impact on the lives of people with disability in your local community
- Casual role with flexibility to pick up shifts as secondary employment/additional income
How to Apply
Include your resume and cover letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight Sunday the 3rd of March, 2024
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend