Home Care Worker Level 1. Casual - Townsville
Job no: 500804
Employment type: Casual
Location: Townsville & Northern QLD
Categories: Aged Care
About the organisation
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Support our Aged Care clients to remain living independently in their own homes through the provision of basic domestic assistance and support across Townsville. You will help our clients remain living independently at home between the hours of 8am and 5pm assisting various clients throughout the day.
- Cleaning tasks such as vacuuming, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins, gardening duties, washing/ironing of linen and clothing
- Assisting clients in payment of bills and organising medical appointments
- Being aware of safety issues and reporting hazards in the working environment including recording any changes in clients health or behaviours of concern
Skills & Experience
- An unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence
- Own car, with third party insurance
- A current First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 or HLTAID011) AND current CPR certification (HLTAID001)
- Excellent organisational skills, hygiene practices and problem-solving abilities
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Meaningful work opportunity at one of Australia's leading Social Purpose Organisations
- Claim up to $15,900 in Salary Packaging Benefits and Car Leasing options through Maxxia
- Flexible roster, day hours available
- On-going career, training and development opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close midnight on Wednesday 7th December 2022
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend