About the Role
Casual and permanent part time roles available, with shifts occurring between 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday you will provide a range of in-home care and support services to elderly Australian’s, empowering them to continue living independently in their homes through the provision of social support, domestic assistance, and personal care.
Working within Canberra and surrounding local areas, you will provide support to multiple clients and be required to travel between client homes and support them with transport to access the community and so, a current Australian Drivers Licence and access to a reliable vehicle for work purposes is essential.
- Domestic assistance e.g., meal preparation and cleaning
- Personal Care
- Assisting with shopping
- Support clients in attending appointments and social activities within the community
- Implement tasks and routines outlined by an approved medical professional
- Maintain and monitor a client’s health and behaviour changes on an ongoing basis
- Build rapport and collaborate effectively with clients to establish positive relationships
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Aged Care, Individual Support or related
- A current First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification
- An Australian Driver’s Licence and ownership of a registered vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Passionate about making a positive impact in our ageing community
Successful candidates will be required to undertake relevant pre-employment checks to ensure the safety of our clients. This includes a National Criminal History Record Check and meeting immunisation requirements as per our contract with NSW Health.
We will discuss with and support you to meet these specified requirements as part of your recruitment and on boarding process.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- An opportunity to make a meaningful, positive impact in the lives of elderly Australian's within your local community
- Opportunity to build your career as a Home Care Worker doing work that matters
- Part time hourly rate from $24.26 per hour + relevant loading
- Casual hourly rate from $30.32 per hour + relevant loading
- Kilometres reimbursed for travel between or with clients
- Receive up to $15,900 of your annual salary tax free through salary packaging benefits
- Join an organisation with an inclusive culture that embraces diversity
- Keep your weekends and weeknights free with day work between 7am to 5pm
- Access to discounts and benefits at selected retail outlets, cinemas, restaurants and more
- Discounted private health insurance
About the Organisation
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Rianne Gifford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 11th of December 2022
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA