Aged Care Support Worker (Home Care). Part Time and Casual - Ballina
Job no: 500552
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Lismore & Far North Coast, Coffs Harbour & North Coast
Categories: Aged Care
About the Role
Working within Ballina and surrounding local areas, you will empower the elderly Australian's accessing our services to continue living independently in their own homes. You will provide assistances such as personal care, domestic assistance (light cleaning), transport and social support. We are looking for candidates that are passionate about making a difference in their local community and doing work that matters.
We have flexible hours available between the hours of 7am-6pm Monday - Friday. You will typically support multiple clients per day, so a valid Australian Drivers Licence is a requirement for this role.
- Domestic assistance, including but not limited to vacuuming, dusting, changing bed linen, washing clothing, food preparation and more
- Personal Care including toileting and showering assistance
- Transportation to medical appointments, social and community activities
- Provision of support that follows a clients care plan
- Establish positive relationships with elderly Australians
Skills & Experience
- A passion about making a positive impact in the lives of elderly Australian's
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- A current First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification
- A current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Ownership of a registered vehicle with third party property insurance
- Previous experience and qualifications in Aged Care, Individual Support or similar will be highly regarded but not essential
Successful candidates will be required to undertake relevant pre-employment checks to ensure the safety of our clients. This includes a National Criminal History Record Check.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a minimum of two (2) doses or hold a valid medical exemption certificate, in accordance with Life Without Barriers Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- An opportunity to make a meaningful, positive impact in the lives of elderly Australian's within your local community
- Kilometres reimbursed for travel between or with clients
- Receive up to $15,900 of your annual salary tax free through salary packaging benefits
- Flexible hours available with majority of work on weekdays between 7am to 5pm
- Access to discounts and benefits at selected retail outlets, cinemas, restaurants and more
About the Organisation
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Rianne Gifford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Thursday the 7th of December 2023
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend