Administration Officer. Maximum Term - Milton
Job no: 500546
Employment type: Part Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
Please note: To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Previous experience working in community service is essential.
Based in our office in Milton, this role will be responsible for undertaking reception duties, administrative support, and general office assistance. Applicants will need to have financial skills related to client invoicing, payments, and adjustments, answering billing enquiries from clients.
This position is being offered as a 12-month maximum-term arrangement, working 3 days per week. Days and times to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
- Receptionist duties such as answering incoming telephone calls as required and using a switchboard.
- Provide administrative support to the business and to the Operations Manager.
- Create, update, and maintain registers with sensitive client information in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- Schedule appointments, meetings and teleconferences and provide secretarial support to meetings.
- Prepare electronic presentations.
- Coordinate meeting requirements - catering, room, equipment & document preparation.
- Maintain and update electronic diaries for the Operations Manager.
- Ensure the good order of LWB vehicles and scheduling of maintenance in accordance with Fleet Management Policy and Procedures.
- Production of reports as required.
Skills & Experience
- High level administrative skills and experience in providing support and assistance to management or finance setting.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive information and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability in using Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Rewarding role with opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary with salary packaging benefits
- Monthly RDO.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Administration Officer - Milton. Please note that we do not accept direct applications to this email address, you must apply online.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight 7 October 2022.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. If you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face-to-face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend