Home Care Worker Level 1. Permanent Part Time - Maroochydore, Caboolture, Maleny
Job no: 500533
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Sunshine Coast
Categories: Aged Care
About the organisation
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Support our Aged Care clients to remain living independently in their own homes through the provision of basic domestic assistance and support across Maroochydore, Caboolture and Maleny. We have permanent part time opportunities available where You will be working shifts between 7.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Cleaning tasks such as vacuuming, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins, gardening duties, washing/ironing of linen and clothing
- Preparation of meals and obtaining groceries on behalf of clients
- Assisting clients in payment of bills and organising medical appointments
- Being aware of safety issues and reporting hazards in the working environment including recording any changes in clients health or behaviours of concern
Skills & Experience
- An unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence
- A current First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 or HLTAID011) AND current CPR certification (HLTAID001)
- Excellent organisational skills, hygiene practices and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Meaningful work opportunity at one of Australia's leading Social Purpose Organisations
- Claim up to $15,900 in Salary Packaging Benefits and Car Leasing options through Maxxia
- On-going career, training and development opportunities
Successful candidates will be required to clear all state-based probity checks; including but not limited to a National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Emma Kennedy at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Applications close at midnight on Monday 3rd October 2022
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend