About the Organisation
Make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable Australians with this unique opportunity to provide both corporate expertise and community support. With a focus on people, not profit, Life Without Barriers’ corporate services team partners with our direct support staff, clients, and their families to ensure we continue our mission to change lives for the better. If a truly inclusive, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment sounds like your next career move, this is an opening not to be missed.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
This is an exciting new opportunity, reporting to the Manager, Learning and Capability, you will be responsible for leading the planning, design, development, implementation and review of quality learning and capability solutions to meet the diverse needs of our workforce.
This is a fast paced, agile environment where your resilience, adaptability and flexibility will be key to your success. This is a permanent full time role, location Brisbane.
- Display coaching and facilitation competence and a commitment to learner-centred approaches
- Lead and manage effective learning and development within the classroom, workplace, and virtual and online environments, focusing on learner engagement, progression, and success
- Develop storyboards and course content in consultation with subject matter experts and key stakeholders
- Apply instructional design principles and contemporary learning practices to design and develop high-quality, leading-edge learning solutions
- Undertake quality and compliance checks in line with procedures and design principles
- Create course shells and upload, test and update online learning and digital resources
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and enquiries
- Support facilitators in managing their events across various delivery modes
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvement based on research, data inputs and emerging technologies
- Undertake all tasks, duties and projects as required
Skills & Experience
- Relevant tertiary or post-graduate qualification in education, management, psychology, human services, or other relevant fields, or significant demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Current Drivers Licence
- Significant coaching and facilitation experience to ensure effective learning transfer opportunities in both face to face and online settings
- Demonstrated understanding and application of adult learning theories and digital learning principles
- Proven collaborative problem-solving skills, and ability to think laterally and strategically.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient ability to in Microsoft Office suite programs.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- New role, permanent full time, location Brisbane
- Join a great team that are passionate about delivering an outstanding service
- Great tax benefits and monthly rostered days off
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Debra Neil @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Monday 3rd October 2022.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA