Team Leader ICLS Mental Health. Permanent, Full Time - Leederville
Job no: 500419
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Disability, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
Make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable Australians with this unique opportunity to provide both corporate expertise and community support. With a focus on people, not profit, Life Without Barriers’ corporate services team partners with our direct support staff, clients, and their families to ensure we continue our mission to change lives for the better. If a truly inclusive, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment sounds like your next career move, this is an opening not to be missed.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We have a permanent, full time opportunity to join the Mental Health team as a Team Leader for our Individualised Community Living Strategy (ICLS) program.
The Individualised Community Living Strategy (ICLS) program provides outreach support to clients accessing the service though LWB in Perth metro, South West WA, Goldfields and Kimberley regions.
The ICLS Program supports clients with a mental illness diagnosis who are eligible for housing support.
The Team Leader's role is to demonstrate organisational and leadership skills in the coordination of ICLS services to ensure support is being delivered in line with the clients plan and service delivery requirements. Managing a team of Community Support Workers whose role is to help the client to access their local services to maximise their success in recovery while living in the community.
Working from our State Office in Leederville, you will manage staff across the regions and some travel will be required.
The position comes with a tool of trade vehicle, mobile phone and laptop.
- Coordination and management of the daily operations of ICLS
- Manage a team of Community Support Workers including regular supervision and team meetings
- Provide services in accordance with funding agency standards and agreements
- Development and maintenance of positive relationships with all stakeholders, including families
- Implement high quality care plans or Individual Plans and ensure clients needs are met in line with funding requirements.
- Coordinate and oversee rostering and timesheet requirements according to individual support needs of individuals and service funding
- Ensure the team complies with relevant legislation and Life Without Barriers policies
- Oversee team performance and address training requirements as needed in line with HR policies
- Provide direct assistance and support to individuals when needed
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in relevant Social & Community Services qualification or working towards
- Previous experience in Mental Health Support Services
- Experience in working with individuals, families and/or groups from a strength-based culturally appropriate perspective
- Strong coordination, leadership and peer support skills
- People management experience
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative, to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs, reports, correspondence and other documents
- Established problem solving and conflict management skills
- High level communication, influencing, liaison and negotiation skills
- Current valid WA drivers licence
Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations may be required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment. Will to complete relevant checks including National Police clearance and WA Working With Children Card.
- Work in a challenging and rewarding role
- Competitive salary with excellent tax benefits
- Monthly Rostered Day Off
- Career progression opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend