Disability Support Leader. Permanent Full Time - Sydney
Job no: 500190
Employment type: Full Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Leading a team of Disability Support Workers across 2 Supported Independent Living sites in Sydney, you will supervise service delivery ensuring clients are enabled to maximise choice and control, and employees are actively supporting services to be safe and compliant. This is a permanent full-time opportunity to join a forward-thinking organisation where you will demonstrate your leadership experience in the disability sector and focus on strength-based practice and empowerment.
Please note that this role is known internally as Disability Support Leader. The position reports directly to the Regional Operations Manager.
- Lead a team and provide advice and supervision to achieve positive outcomes
- Ensure staff are skilled and knowledgeable in the delivery of supports
- Collaborate, develop and maintain person-centred support approaches
- Manage the running of services including budgets, compliance, reporting and staff ratios
- Collaborate with key business partners to ensure consistency delivering a positive service
- Manage, monitor and report on incidents and complaints
- Communicate and act in ways that are consistent with Life Without Barriers’ values
- Participate and share the responsibility of an on-call roster
Skills & Experience
- Hold a leadership position within the delivery of services to people with a disability
- Diploma in relevant Social & Community Services or relevant experience
- Current unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- Established influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, an NDIS Workers Screening Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- We are an organisation that champions diversity, inclusivity, and equality
- We are one of Australia's largest and leading Social Purpose Organisations
- We offer non-profit salary packaging benefits, which includes novated leases
- An additional 12 days of leave per year with our monthly opt-in Rostered Days Off
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 14th of August 2022 (AEST)
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend