Disability Support Worker. Permanent Part Time - Ashwood
Job no: 500091
Employment type: Part Time
Life Without Barriers offers prospective employees, excellent career opportunities within the Disability Development and Support space. As an organisation at the forefront of the sector and a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation we currently employee 8,000 employees in more than 530 communities across Australia. We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply. Within the Victorian Disability Accommodation Services arena, we are growing and continue to make a positive difference in the daily lives of adults with disability across 130 houses providing support to 500+ clients across the Melbourne Metropolitan area.
If are you looking for:
- A career that is stimulating, rewarding and uniquely satisfying with a path for further development and personal growth
- Work in supportive teams making a positive impact in the lives of clients actively living with a disability, achieving inspiring individual goals and helping them live life to the fullest
- A position which offers stability in a sector which is evolving and consistently looking to be more responsive to our clients’ needs by being creative, respectful, courageous and enabling them to achieve outcomes that matter to them.
As a Disability Development & Support Officer in this residential home in Ashwood you will be responsible for providing support with activities of daily living and developing, implementing and monitoring Individual Plan’s including personal care. In this role you will work to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with and for the clients within the house.
The house profile: The house profile: This is the home of 5 Residents - 4 Males, 1 Female The residents support needs vary in terms of levels of independence and support in terms of personal care, behavioural support required, medication management and assistance with daily living skills is required. Three residents are non-verbal so signing skills would be advantageous. 3 are high fall risks with mobility issues. All residents have 1:1 support for community access and participation which is being phased in slowly due to the COVID 19 situation.
This is a part-time ongoing position with 37:30/42:00 fortnightly splits and the roster line includes a combination of mornings, days & afternoons. There are no sleepovers or active nights and every other weekend off.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the house
- Develop planned activities in line with departmental policies and guidelines
- Liaise with family members, medical services, departmental services and external services to help meet client needs
- Develop, implement, monitor and review a range of client support plans, with oversight from senior staff, using knowledge of client need, preferences and interests
- Provide quality direct support to clients in line with their support needs, the program they are accessing, and all support plans including Individual Plans
- Administer medication treatments and therapies according to prescribed protocols or otherwise, seek appropriate medical assistance
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent Disability related qualification
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- Current NDIS check
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency is essential
•Pay rates starting from $26.55 per hour + penalty rates
•Non-profit salary packaging benefits with Maxxia and other employee discounts
•On-going training opportunities in a supportive and collaborative team environment
•We are an organisation that champions diversity, inclusivity, and equality
•An opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
To Apply: Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including request to review the specific roster line requirements before making a decision to apply or persons with disability that require adjustments please contact email@example.com
Applications will close at midnight on Sunday 2nd October.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here: https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend