About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply
About the role
Provide therapeutic care and support to up to 4 young people living in transitional homes across Southwest Sydney. You will be working across homes in Blair Athol, Glenmore Park & Colyton to promote a safe environment and actively participate in and encourage activities that support the development of children and young people.
Due to the 24/7 nature of the roster, successful candidates will require flexibility to work across various shifts including sleepovers and weekends. We have casual positions available.
- Provide daily care and supervision to children and young people
- Implement and support individual care plans
- Encourage and participate in activities to increase and develop life skills
- Support the involvement of family
- Apply a therapeutic care approach and therapeutic crisis intervention system (TCI) to prevent, de-escalate and respond to incidents
- Maintenance of regular notes and report writing
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Community Services, Youth work, Childcare or similar preferred
- Experience working with children and young people
- Understanding of the impacts of trauma on child development
- Ability to form and maintain developmental relationships with children/young people
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Unrestricted NSW driver licence
- Flexible hours with casual and part time positions available
- Ongoing training, support and career development opportunities
- Hourly rate from $38.08 + super + salary packaging benefits
Please note: Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Joelene Green at Joelene.Green@lwb.org.au
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 17th August
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)