Please note: To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
The Youth Work Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, implementing, and monitoring Youth Worker rosters, transport services and 24/7 residential shifts within Life Without Barriers policies and procedures. This role has a large focus on the rostering, recruitment, and supervision of Youth Workers.
This position is being offered as a permanent part-time position, working 4 days per week. This position is based in Rockhampton.
- Provide supervision to the youth work team in line with organisational requirements.
- Support the youth work team to undertake mandatory and additional training in line with legislative and organisational requirements.
- Support and mentor youth work team to support clients using organisational practice frameworks and support strategies.
- Monitor the timely completion of high-quality client records (youth work shift reports).
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention or similar (essential).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or similar (desirable).
- Demonstrated experience in the Child Welfare or health related fields with significant co-ordination experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends and contemporary practices regarding child protection and in-home and out-of-home care programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the relevant legislation regarding child protection and in-home and out-of-home care programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals, families and/or groups from a strength-based culturally appropriate perspective.
- Demonstrated high-level ability to work with individuals, families and/or groups from a strength-based culturally appropriate perspective.
- Current Driver Licence.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Salary packaging tax benefits, meal entertainment benefit, novated leasing and more
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
- Ongoing training and mentorship
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Donna at email@example.com with the subject heading “Youth Work Coordinator - Rockhampton”. Please note that we do not accept applicants to this email address, they must be submitted online.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight 7 July 2022.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. If you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face-to-face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)