About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
As a member of our within our Intensive Therapeutic Care team, you will provide direct care and trauma informed support to Children and Young People within our 24/7 Intensive Therapeutic Care Homes in Glenwood & Stanhope Gardens.
The Children and Young People in our care have previously experienced trauma, abuse and neglect therefore, successful applicants will be able to demonstrate prior experience supporting Children and Young People in care and/or or within a mental health setting. The ability to work a variety of shifts across a 24/7 roster including mornings, afternoons and sleepover shifts (with the occasional requirement for active overnight shifts) is also a requirement for these roles.
At Life Without Barriers we value your passion and commitment to providing support to some of the most vulnerable children and young people who are in our care. In return for the amazing work that you do, we want to invest in you! If you do not already hold a relevant qualification or you are partially completed a Diploma, Child, Youth & Family Intervention, together with our preferred Registered Training Organisation, you will complete a Diploma, Child, Youth & Family Intervention at no cost. You will also be provided with various training opportunities which will enable you to deliver the best support as well as provide you with growth, development and career opportunities within one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations.
- Provide daily care, supervision and transport to Children and Young People in residential care within a therapeutic framework.
- Support the routines of Children and Young People through assisting in and supervising wake-up, bedtime, personal care routines, completion of chores and laundry, meals, meal preparation, recreational activities, homework supervision and assistance.
- Actively engage Children and Young People in purposeful activities that support the development of independent life skills
- Develop, implement and monitor individual case plans and achievement of identified goals
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to address the impacts of abuse, neglect, separation from families and complex trauma
- Support the involvement of families through the facilitation of contact and the development/maintenance of position family relationships
- Maintain high quality record keeping and documentation
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work or similar (Candidates working towards or willing to enrol in a Diploma with relevant experience may be considered)
- Current Provide First Aid (HLTAID003 or HLTAID011) Certificate
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated Experience working with Children & Young People who have experienced trauma, abuse or neglect
- Ability to form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with Children & Young People
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of family/kinship connections to children and young people in placement
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Grow your career with one of Australia's leading social purpose organisations, with ongoing training opportunities and a supportive team environment
- Access to Salary Packaging benefits and claim up to $15,900 in tax free earnings
- Hourly rate from $31.77 (dependent on qualifications)
How to Apply
Click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kristy Crowe at email@example.com
Applications close: Midnight, Sunday 10th July 2022 (AEDT)
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA