Child & Family Practitioner, Permanent Full Time - Bunbury
Job no: 499987
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Bunbury & South West
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
- Work for a leading social purpose organisation
- Competitive salary package including Tool of trade vehicle and monthly RDO
- Caseload of clients in south west region, office based in Bunbury
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
Make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable Australians with this unique opportunity to provide both corporate expertise and community support. With a focus on people, not profit, Life Without Barriers’ corporate services team partners with our direct support staff, clients, and their families to ensure we continue our mission to change lives for the better. If a truly inclusive, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment sounds like your next career move, this is an opening not to be missed.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in the lives of children and young people in Out of Home Care. The role will be supporting clients and foster carers in the South West, with the main office based in Bunbury. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of Case or Individual Plans for children and young people in our care whilst also providing support to our foster carers in the way of ongoing mentoring and supervision using the Life without Barriers CARE model.
Your role will be instrumental in supporting carers to provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical and emotional safety of children and young people.
Please note regular of travel to clients and carers across the South West is required so the successful applicant must be happy to travel. Tool of trade vehicle provided.
- Undertake child focused casework practice in partnership with the relevant government agency, children and their families, carers and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain functional and supportive relationships with children/young people and their families in order to promote positive outcomes
- Provide ongoing support and supervision to carers by applying the CARE model
- Support and monitor placements ensuring carers and child/young person participates in case planning process
- Create opportunities for children to engage in community activities
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology or Human Services
- Experience within casework practice for children and young people
- Experience working with children and young people in out of home care and Foster carers
- Experience developing quality case plans or individual plans
- Demonstrated experience working autonomously with multiple clients simultaneously
- Experience working with individuals, families or groups from a culturally appropriate perspective
- High level communication, influencing, liaison, negotiation and mediation skills
- Current unrestricted driver licence
Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations may be required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check and WA Child Protection Check (DCP395)
- Monthly Rostered Day Off
- Tax benefits through salary packaging
- Tool of trade vehicle, laptop and mobile phone
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close midnight Wednesday 6th of July.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend