Operations Manager, Out of Home Care – Permanent Full Time – Townsville
- Attractive remuneration including salary packaging & monthly RDO
- Work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Based in Townsville, we have an opportunity for an Operations Manager to lead and support the service delivery and growth of our Family Based Care, foster care services. Leading a team of dedicated Practitioners, you will ensure our foster carers and young people feel supported and heard with the underpinned support of our CARE practice framework.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the implementation and delivery of programs, within a region, which provide quality programs and services to LWB clients and carers. This includes the management of programs, budgets, human resources, customer relationships, and image. The incumbent provides leadership to teams in the areas of focusing on client outcomes, quality, standards, growth and performance of each service.
This role will suit someone who is highly motivated, strategic and able to quickly grasp and respond to local needs. You will have experience in the senior management in Children's Services, preferably in Out of Home Care Services. You will use your business acumen and interpersonal skills to engage and work with multiple stakeholders, as well as promote LWB as a quality service provider.
Please note: To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Skills & Experience
- Degree qualification in Human Services or related discipline.
- Significant management experience in relevant Children's Services.
- Demonstrated understanding of Child Protection policies and framework.
- Familiarity with TCI and the CARE principles will be highly regarded.
- A demonstrated commitment to the care and protection of children and young people.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and development.
- Advanced interpersonal/communication skills, including verbal, written and negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability in time management and organisational skills.
- Well-developed problem solving skills.
- Ability to use initiative, think laterally and strategically, and meet deadlines and produce quality work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds with specific reference to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Ability to manage issues, risks and contentious matters.
- Current Drivers Licence.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Competitive base salary + $17,000 vehicle allowance + super
- A mobile phone, laptop, on-call roster allowance
- A rostered day off per month
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Salary packaging tax benefits, Meal & Entertainment benefit, novated leasing
- Travel club membership, discounted health insurance & discounted vehicle servicing to mention a few...
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For confidential enquiries including persons with disability that require application adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Current application closing date is midnight Thursday 30th of June.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)